The second training module for RF techniques and Development [WP2-Task 2] was presented on-site at ASTRON between 27-09-2021 and 01-10-2021 by a team consisting of Michel Arts, Mark Bentum, Juergen Morawietz, Ronald de Wild and Pietro Zucca, on-site at ASTRON. The course was structured in a full week of training including the theory module, practical exercises, and a tour of the facilities at ASTRON, including the LOFAR core and the Westerbork telescope. Seven participants from the Technical University of Sofia attended the course.
The course program “RF Training II” included:
- 4 hours of RF Theory,
- two modules of Hands-On Training of 6 hours,
- visit of the Antenna lab facilities,
- a RF application lecture of 3 hours
- antenna hands on workshop 4 hours
- visit of Telescopes and astronomical applications class 8 hours